segunda-feira, 21 de maio de 2007

18 - 19 - 20 MAY - Days 92 -93 - 94

Friday 18/05/2007 - 1570 gr

Leon is doing fine today. He drunk the whole 38ml from the bottle and is not using any extra O2. I got there and I tried to nurse him. Since he is taking some light sedatives he isn´t really able to suckle, swallow and breath at the same time while on my breast. Mommy´s lap is so confy that he sleeps easily.
The decided to have him off the C-PAP and if he needs exta O2 it will go thru the nasal canula.
The oftalmologist said that the vessels are not progressing and the scarring is healing. Next Tuesday he will have it controled again. Hope for the best!

Saturday 19/05/2007

Leon is cute. He is doing fine and sleeping a lot these days with the medication. I got there and the nurse said I should start comming earlier so I see him more awake. Nothing new, except for the fact that he is on the nasal canula and is now having colics.

Sunday 20/05/2007 - 1675 gr

We tried to put him on my breast and at first he didn´t want it - He was too sleepy - Then we woke him up, undressing him. Poor little thing...
I put a nipple shield and he finally started to suckle. But then in the heat of the moment, the milk somehow doesn´t flow as it should. It is a bit frustrating. Anyway, I came back later and tried again...He was hungry but milk wasn´t there again. We should try when he is more awake, so he can suckle vigorously and when my breasts are fuller. He was totally K.O after all the exercise. I put him back on his bed, change his diaper and the stoma is a little bit bigger than yesterday. Tomorrow the chief doctor will be there and he will be able to tell what is best to do.
My sweet little bunny was sleeping peacefuly when I left.

Nenhum comentário: